Jason Reid, the head coach of Cadishead Rhinos gives his thoughts on how Raw Strength has helped his team and raised a few positives of training that I knew were occurring, and a few I hadn't even considered:
- Training with a coach enables the players to focus entirely on the workout
- The no-nonsense approach gives faster results (no mobiles, no meaningless chat, lots of motivating each other etc.)
- Improved teamwork, from going through tough workouts with your teammates
- Handling your own bodyweight, awkward objects (e.g. sandbags) and focusing on technique limits injury and is very sport specific
- From a coaches point of view, knowing your players are giving their all in a private training facility gives great peace of mind, and allows you to focus ALL your time in training to skills and game tactics, rather than fitness work.