To support your training, you gotta eat SMART!
It’s hard eating correctly, I prefer to give my athletes simple rules to follow before I give a more detailed diet plan. Here are my top ten rules for a good diet:
- You must eat breakfast! No excuses. Remember to include protein!
- Eat every 2-3 hours
- Eat protein with every meal
- Eat vegetables with every meal
- Limit sugars to after training only
- After training consume sugars and protein (a carb/protein shake blend, sports drink with protein etc.)
- Eat healthy fats every day (olive oil on salads, nuts etc.)
- Plan ahead (you may have to make and pack snacks at school, after training etc.)
- Eat a wide variety of food
- Drink a lot of water or green tea, no fizzy and sugary drinks.
Join the #1 program for young athletes at rawstrength.co.uk
ONLY SERIOUS ATHLETES NEED APPLY